Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Auntie - Nephew Trip 2007

Well, after a small amount of contemplation, I decided that of course I love my nephews as much as my niece. I concluded that in fact I wanted to do a trip with the boys as well. We had a great time this last weekend taking a trip to the Pigeon River Country State Forest Area in northern Michigan. Here is a link to the beautiful area, Pigeon River Country Association.

We had a very adventuresome weekend. We camped at Pickerel Lake. A very nice "rustic" campground. The lake was pretty and Sunday morning Walker and I spotted two loons. Saturday we went on an ambitious 6 mile hike on the Shingle Mill Pathway. It was about 2 miles too long for my companion hikers. After many breaks and one shortcut we made it. We encountered only a little of the wildlife, but we did see many signs of them. I did a very excellent job of not looking terrified when I realized that I was in 99,000 acres of wilderness with two small boys and lots of bears. (See the picture of the bear track! We saw a lot of them. Yikes!) Sunday was filled more hiking and swimming. It was a terrific weekend.

This week will be filled with lots of work on the kitchen. I will definitely post some new pictures soon, because we have walls again!! Hooray for the drywall.

Auntie - Nephew Trip 2007

No comments: