Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Really?

I have a really nice post that I've been working on about the holidays (which were really lovely, by the way) but I have to rant a bit currently. I know some things in life you will just never understand and I'm trying to reconcile myself with that, but it's not working... So I have to bitch about it.

Is my life incomplete? No.

Do I wish things were different or that I had done things differently? No.

If I'm happy with the way I am and my life why would many people assume that I'm not? Why would people assume I should take the path that they followed or one that they think I should follow? Why is the path I am taking not okay? I'm not doing anything illegal. I'm not doing anything that has never been done before. Many people take the path in life I have.

Yet it seems that I am almost 30 years old and apparently do not know myself. Basically, what I get told on a regular basis is that one morning I will wake up... and just be a totally different person. I'll change my mind about all the things I've known about myself, in my life and I'll want to be a totally different person.

AMAZING. A-Freeking-MAZING.

I guess I just have trouble getting past the fact that I can't be who I am... What was I thinking?

No comments: