Friday, June 11, 2010

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.

Well, Memorial weekend the lawn mower wasn't broken, but we were fortunate enough to have Mom Keenan visiting to run it for us.  Mom & Dad Keenan came up and Friday and stayed through Monday for a nice long holiday weekend visit.  It was very nice and we had gorgeous weather.  A little warm but I will not complain.  Though you won't see me complaining about cooler weather either ; )  It was a busy weekend that we began with dessert at our house with both sets of parent on Friday evening.  Mike and I made an impromptu Cherry Vanilla Frozen Soy Yogurt that was delicious!  And we also finally taste tested a pie from the infamous Sweetie-Pie.  Well, I didn't taste the pie as it is not wheat/gluten-free, but I wanted to treat everyone else.  The famous, "award winning" pie was good... but all agreed it wasn't good enough to buy another for the price.  A $20 pie better be pretty amazing and it was only semi-amazing.  We all had a nice visit and then off to bed.

Saturday was a busy one.  We got up early and had a chat with our new exchange student, Freddy, and his family.  It was very nice to be able to introduce him to Mom & Dad Keenan and chat about whatever.  We got a tour of his home in Finland via skype and I was very jealous of his Mom's oven!  I need one of those!  Then we had breakfast of eggs with spring onions and homemade bread.  Yumm!  Next on the docket was picking up Sarah and heading for Everlastings in the Wildwood.  I love to go there every year and it has become a tradition of sorts for Sarah and I.  We also stopped at the Owosso Farmers Market along the way and picked up a few goodies.  Some greens, asparagus and a nasturtium for my herb box.  We scored all kinds of goodies at the nursery and came home with a truck full of work for both Sarah and I.  We finished Saturday off yard work, a nice dinner and a visit to Charlie & Sarah's to watch Rashad's fight.  Rashad was victorious!  I slept through all of the other fights except his.  After such a busy day, I could barely stay awake... period.




Sunday we went for an awesome bike ride with Momma K.  We found a new loop from our house that was about 23 miles I think and paved most of the way.  Great training route (read: tough hill climbs) and very pretty scenery.  After that we headed back to the pond to do battle in cards and against the mosquitoes!  We had a Euchre tournament to benefit the 4-H fund in memory of Michael Pettigrew that my generation is setting up.  He meant so much to us, we had to something in honor of such an amazing man.  Mom & Dad took off the next morning and it was nice for them not to have to rush home on Sunday.

No comments: