Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 4

Despite many bumps and bruises we all made it to the last day.  We got up early and had a yummy pancake breakfast thanks to Mom, Nan and Suzzy.  Freddy couldn't stop eating.  My Mom watched in amazement as he ate pancake after pancake after pancake.  He ate so many that she ran out of pancake batter and switched to making french toast!  I tried to warn her, but she couldn't understand until she saw it herself.  

The weather was much nicer on the final day though a little chilly yet.  With the sun shining on us we were all excited to ride to the bridge.  We headed up to Pellston for our start and we would have about a 22 mile ride into Mackinaw City.  I can't even describe how hard it was to plop my rear down on my cold, wet hard seat that morning, but it was time to finish up our trip.  The ride in to Mackinaw was rather uneventful except for the crazy people driving down the road.  I've never seen people so angry at people who were just riding their bikes.  One car should have been arrested.  They charged Samone and Scott and squealed to a stop just short of hitting them.  Then proceeded to swerve dangerously close o them while cursing them out for riding bikes.  There are weird and awful people in this world.


The SAG crew met us at the bridge and we all had a quick snack before we rode across.  I was very nervous.  The main reason I was nervous was an incident that happened when I was a child.  In 1989 a Yugo was blown off the bridge.  Since I am much smaller and lighter than a car and it was a breezy day... I was a bit nervous.  No one else seemed to be and I still don't understand why.  Despite my worries I got on my bike with everyone and we headed across.  It was truly one of the most exhilarating things that I have ever done.  It was so big and high and long, simply amazing.  I got up enough courage to get my camera out for a few crossing picks.









It was a miserable trip in so many respects, but this made it all worth it.  Ride on.




Auntie-Niece 2010!!








No comments: