Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Neighbor Dog & Up North

Well, unfortunately last night we found out who the culprit was in the duck massacre 2009. The neighbor has a Siberian husky that got loose and he was kind enough to come over last night and offer to pay for our loss. I thought that was very nice and responsible of him, but it still sucks. To date we only really have one survivor. For the time being I'm going to call him/her Lucky Ducky. Anybody have an idea of a better name???

We had an awards night at the high school last night where Felipe was recognized for being an exchange student and for being a part of the Forensics team. He was the first exchange student ever to participate in Forensics and I am very proud of him.

I got some more things done for the garden last night. I got some tomatoes into the cold frame and also planted some bulbs I had forced indoors. Also the cilantro and dill I had started in the cold frame went out into the herb box. It's so nice to get some things done!! Mike went into town last night and bought a new hose. One of the ones we had was leaking so bad we had to toss it. I was hoping that it was going to rain yesterday as predicted so that I wouldn't have to water the garden, but it didn't. So I stayed up till 11pm so that I could get everything good and soaked. Then, of course, it rained last night or early this morning. That's how it always goes.

Two weekends ago Felipe and I trekked north so that he could see more of what Michigan was like. We went to Jordan Valley pathway where we had a gorgeous hike and then by pure luck we scooted over to stay with Ken and Janet Swanson on Mission Point in Traverse City and had an amazing fun visit with them. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and it was so pretty!! Lastly we made a banzai trip to the Mackinac Bridge so that Felipe could visit the UP (if only for a few minutes). Pictures below...

Up North 05-15-2009

No comments: