Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spring and whatnot

Have not been blogging for a while so I thought I'd just start and try to catch up. Can't catch up if you don't begin...

Last weekend was a fantastic holiday weekend that we spent in Columbus. It was gorgeous weather. It was also great spending time with the whole family. I was so excited to see Doug and Christy and my new little niece (to be). We threw a baby shower for her at the house. It turned out so nice. I was the main organizer for the shower, but I had tons of help and it turned out beautiful! Patricia was my visionary and we got told several times that we should think of party planning professionally. I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind several times. I'm going to think about it some more and maybe something will develop eventually.

Fresh off of that party I have another party to work on today. Felipe's open house/going home party. It's hard to believe Mike & I have been parents of a teenager for almost a year. We will miss him. I need to get some invites designed today. Brazilian colors, here I come!

This morning was a sad day for our little farm. Our first real taste of varments. We've had some minor wild animal problems in the past (thinking of an interesting story with Mom, me and a raccoon) but this morning 5 of our 9 ducks were victims! Something dug under their outdoor cage and wrecked havoc. I'm pretty bummed that my duck and turkey venture this year did not go well. I guess that's part of farming and learning. On a happier farm note, the baby goats and the goats in general are doing great. They are looking healthy and happy.

Lastly, I got an enormous amount of gardening and yard work done yesterday. After we got home and the car unloaded, Suzzy came over and we got the Farmers Market garden planted. I'm looking forward to the market this year. I think this year we will be just a bit more organized than last. Baby steps. I always have these big visions of what I want my projects to turn out like. Sometimes I have a tough time living up to my visions... But I learned my lesson (at least a little bit) about the market. I still have the same vision but now I realize it might take me a bit to get to it. More detailed garden updates soon.

No comments: