Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lists

I've had this internal list for quite a while. Like most people (I assume) I have this list of things I want to do someday. A "Bucket List" if you will, or even if you won't... He.

I recently got to complete one of the items and I am super excited to say I am still basking in the glow of this item. I have been in love with one musical artist, more than any other, since I was in high school. I cannot deny that if I had to choose a favorite artist, it would be her. Tracy Chapman and her soulful, touching music and songs have captured my life and helped me decompress from the adventures that life has thrown me.

Tracy Chapman made a stop in Ann Arbor, MI on her short US tour (only 15 stops!) promoting her new CD Our Bright Future. I was lucky enough to get fantastic seats - 4th row center - for Mike & I and we went to the concert on Tuesday. Now, I know that Ann Arbor is not the most fantastic place in the world to see a concert. Especially because Mike & I get ill as soon as we get a whiff of that blue & gold toxicity (GO SPARTANS!), but we had an amazing time. Tracy sounded perfect and I even teared up a bit as she began the concert with a few of my very favorite songs. I knew every word to every song and to the annoyance of those sitting next to me, I'm sure, I sang every song at the top of my lungs. Pretty much the best concert I've ever been to.

So I'm excited to continue marking things off my internal list of things to do and heck maybe I'll even see Tracy in concert again before she stops touring.

No comments: