Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lovely Weekend. Now Time to Get Ready for the Big Show.

Well, I got the house back into one piece by the time Mike's parents arrived on Friday night. I was also excited to have Walker come over and spend the night, since school starts soon and I won't see him very much. Walker makes me smile and laugh so much. For such a serious young man, he certainly likes to enjoy himself. Mike & Diane visiting was a treat as we haven't seen them that much this summer. We are going to go to Ohio the weekend after Labor Day for a super quick trip to say hello, so we'll be seeing them a couple of times in a short period. We had a nice day on Saturday, we visited the Farmers Market, the Charm Shop and then took a trip into Threadbare Fiber Arts Studio. Momma Keenan has been wanting to check out the store for quite a while now and I was excited to surprise her with a trip there. The boys tagged along and weren't as enamoured with the knitting shop as we were. It was great fun. We tried very hard to find an argyle sweater pattern for Christy to no avail. But we did pick up some yarn and a snazzy pattern for some fingerless gloves for me and various other yarn goodies! Saturday evening we had a great dinner with my Mom & Dad, the Keenan's and Walker. Walker told me earlier that day that he wanted to stay at my house because it was fun. Alas, I told him that he had to go home that evening. But, it is my goal to make Auntie Becki's house fun all of the time, so that was a big pat on the back for me!! Sunday morning we took a 35 mile bike ride. It was Samone, Mike, Momma Keenan and I. We rode from MSU, down the River Walk through Lansing and then back to our house. It was actually one of the most challenging rides I've done yet!! My bike seat loosened and my rear-end was killing me and we were riding into an extremely strong headwind the entire time!! We stopped in DeWitt for a snack at the nicest park though and we still had a great time despite the difficulty of the ride.

Now it's time to get ready for the big show. DAL MAC is right around the corner. We will begin in East Lansing on Thursday morning and travel 317 miles over 4 days to the Mackinaw Bridge. Sunday and yesterday we went to various sporting goods stores collecting the odds and ends we didn't yet have for the ride. Tire patch kits, tire tubes, etc etc... Suzzy is planning the food and we will pack up the RV on Wednesday night with all of our clothes and whatnots. I'm pretty excited to be doing such a big ride, considering that last year at this time I didn't even feel that safe on a bike. Now it seems connected to my bottom end! I think Mike, Samone and I are going to have a fantastic time. I'm looking forward to see what we run into along the way. (For Samone, what kind of animal she might run into!! Heh.) Wish us luck and good health - Mackinaw Bridge here we come!

No comments: