Monday, February 24, 2014

What is Back on Track?

This morning I wasn't feeling that well, so I stayed home, slept in and thought about how out of whack I've been of late. I haven't been taking very good care of very much... very consistently lately. Not feeling well, not eating well, not training like I'm used to.  My life scale has not been balanced of late. (And speaking of my scale, I'm not impressed with what it had to say to me this morning!) I do excellent at working out and eating right and work takes a hit, or I'm doing well with work but my personal relationships begin to decline. This morning I began the day thinking, "I need to get back on track." I'm going to take better care of myself, get back to training, eating right, really concentrate on progressing at the office again and do a better job at calling friends and family. I can do it!!

I picked up a bit around the house and started planning for the long list of items from my self-pep talk earlier. It sounded overwhelming and not feeling well already it sent me directly to the sofa to sink into the oblivion of the Real Housewives of where-ever. After a few shows I knew I needed to get up and get ready to go into the office. I had a conference call that I didn't want to miss and I didn't want to get any further behind, but I thought some meditation might put me in the right mind-frame to survive the day. Hey, even if I'm sucking at life at least I can be cheery about it right? Thirty minutes later I sat not thinking about how I was going to go conquer the world, but instead contemplating whether my feelings of being behind are because I'm on a different track than I thought I was. Maybe I'm not really "off track" maybe instead I veered onto a different course and I was so busy looking at the directions for my last course of action that I didn't even notice that my route has changed.  

So am I back on track? I'm certainly not, but maybe I'm not quite as lost as I thought.

No comments: