Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Resolutions

Who needs New Years? Every new year all of my friends ask me what my resolutions will be for the new year and every year I say nothing. I really make it my goal to try to better myself all the time and I constantly question what I am doing and how I am doing it. Spring seems to be such a time for renewal though, maybe a resolution or two won't hurt.

I resolve that will make more time for my garden.

I resolve that I will no longer waste my money by buying plants and then letting them die before I plant them.

Whew that felt good! I started on my spring resolutions tonight. This evening I stopped at the greenhouse and bought 5 plants. I am happy to say that all 5 are currently in the ground and watered. I bought two gorgeous lavender delphinium, oregano, basil and thyme. I hope the delphinium grow well. They are beautiful and I want to be able to cut some for my table! I also made time to check my newly planted garden boxes and give them a drink as well. I would just like to say... go me. I was well rewarded after completing my goals by an amazing sunset over the hill.

We just bought some new trees and they arrived on Saturday. My next goal is to make sure that those trees are all in the ground by the end of the weekend.

Here's to spring renewal and a gorgeous flower garden!

No comments: