Friday, May 7, 2010

Why are you so loud Bell??


Well, last night was quite hilarious. I was talking to Hilary on the way home and of course, as always, my phone cut out just as I was pulling into the carport. I curse you Sprint coverage! I got out of the car and the goats came to the fence to greet me and ask for dinner. But Bell was being really loud. I was slightly annoyed and told her to cool her jets. Then I realized while looking at her, she seemed stationary and quite distressed. I ran out in my heels to find Bell's noggin stuck between the fence post and the barn.

Now, the goats have pushed this particular fence post out and wiggled free of their enclosure more times than Mike and I can count. So my husband, being good at fixing all things and especially dedicated to thwarting the goats, fixed the post so that they could no longer escape. Bell certainly tried and Mike's plan worked. End result - Bell got her head stuck.

Mike - 1
Goats - 109 million

Quite comical actually, but no matter how hard I tried to un-stuck her, I couldn't budge her. So I had to go inside and change into some work clothes. I then attempted to find a drill and bit on Mike's workbench. (Which, if you've ever seen Mike's organizational skills... you'd feel sorry for Bell.) Finally I had found the proper instrument for saving Bell and I went out to remove the braces that held the fence to the barn. It still took several minutes of maneuvering, but Bell was finally freed! She was pleased to be free and gave me a loving nuzzle of thanks.



I have pics that I stopped to take. Bell was quite annoyed, as the whole process took forever as it was. but, I think they are quite funny and I couldn't help myself.

Mike and I also pushed ourselves to head out to tackle the tree planting project. I came up with an amazing new frittata recipe, that I may share eventually. I can say it will be made again, yumm!! Then after savoring the hearty egg dinner we hit the north side of the house project. We spaced out the cedar trees that we purchased to become a wind block and then made a plan. I was digging holes and Mike was cutting down the dead trees. TWENTY-ONE holes was a lot of holes!! My arms and hands were shaking by the time I was done. Mike then went on to putting trees into the ground and I weed-whipped where the dead trees used to be. We got 10 in the ground and watered before it was pitch black. Well, it was actually pretty black as we picked up, did chores and headed inside. Happy all of the hard work is done and now we just have to plant the rest!

No comments: