Monday, May 3, 2010

Working Away

Tonight was a great night, mostly. I got home from work and headed out to do chores and start in the garden. Mike was amazing this weekend and got the big garden into awesome shape. It's ready for flower seed, I just want to wait and make sure that it's not going to pour rain this week. I don't want the ground to get rock hard after planting and then my flower seed suffers. I did get 3 garden boxes into shape and 2 planted with lettuces, radishes and a few peas. I'm excited! Cannot wait for garden veggies! I didn't stop there though. I also worked a little bit on the flower beds and took the antenna off of the roof that has been precariously dangling for quite sometime now. I am very happy it's gone!! Charlie & CJ even came down for a jeep ride.

The only not so fun part was Mike's break down. He got a super bad sunburn this weekend while I was gone and tonight it went from bad to worse. It was a couple of hours of cold compresses and him slightly freaking out... poor baby. But, maybe this will teach him a lesson to wear sunblock! A few pics of the garden and the wonderful smelling lilacs are below.


No comments: